Current Job Openings
The Financial Transparency Coalition (FTC) seeks an experienced and adaptive Policy Coordinator to join its global team.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of an influential coalition of civil society, governments, and experts who have joined together to curb illicit financial flows leaving developing countries. The Policy Coordinator will coordinate the coalition around key advocacy processes around the globe to tackle the problems of tax evasion and money laundering, with a particular emphasis on the Global South.
The Financial Transparency Coalition (FTC) is composed of over 150 civil society organisations, 13 governments, and dozens of the world’s foremost experts on illicit financial flows. The FTC’s mission is to curtail illicit financial flows through the promotion of a transparent, accountable and sustainable financial system that works for everyone. Since its inception in 2009 (when it was known as the Task Force on Financial Integrity and Economic Development), the FTC has successfully mobilized governments and civil society stakeholders to take action against the outflow of illicit money from developing countries, which is estimated at seven times the flow of official development assistance coming in.
The Policy Coordinator will report to the coalition director, work closely with policy staff from our 9 Coordinating Committee members, and be hosted by a coalition member based in the global south.
- Support the coalition’s policy development and policy coordination needs, especially around key global advocacy targets like the BRICS summit, the G20, the UN Tax Committee, and key regional forums and meetings.
- Work closely with the FTC’s Southern Regions Subcommittee to coordinate cross-regional activity that falls outside the mandate of individual regional advocates.
- Support policy development around new areas for the coalition, in particular making more inclusive the international institutional architecture that sets global norms and standards around financial transparency.
- Work closely with the coalition director and the EU lead advocate to ensure that the coalition’s policy positions evolve to stay timely, inclusive, clear and actionable.
- Solid understanding of at least one government’s policymaking process
- 1-3 years’ advocacy experience
- Past experience working in a coalition to achieve shared aims
- Commitment to the FTC’s goals and mission
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to understand and articulate the coalition’s issues
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and across time zones
- Experience living in a developing country
- Proficiency with another language in addition to English (Spanish or French preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in building consensus
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a grant-funded position until December 31, 2015 with the possibility for extension.
PLEASE APPLY by emailing a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to email@example.com using “FTC Policy Coordinator” as the subject of your email.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and should be submitted as soon as possible.